Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Ghosts

Within the shadows of the night
I hear your voice
I hear you breathing
Feelings, I got them all around me
Tasting the joy of innocence.
I didn’t know I could hear so well.

Wonder, the voice says,
As if wondering could be a way out.
Scream, there it goes,
As if screaming would project me away.
Explode, keeps saying,
As if a blast would tear it down.

Who is the keeper of this voice
That comes now and again.
I don’t know. 

Within the shadows of the night
I sense your smell
I sense your pain
Filling me, I know it’s filling me,
As the water that concludes in the ocean.
I didn’t know I could sense so well.

Cold, the sensation goes,
As if the cooling would wake me up.
Sour, it stands pouring,
As if it would make me search for sweet.
Kind of empty, for a concluding note,
As if emptiness could fill a void.

Who is this sensation coming from
That comes now and again.
I don’t know.

I don’t see it, 
I don’t know it,
And I struggle.
Those who live inside me
Are ghosts.

No comments: